Friday, November 5, 2010

Braces time!!

I am getting braces!! Finally, after 5 bloody years of enduring crappy teeth (which, btw, only turned crappy in college), I have saved enough money to get some orthodontic help.

Okay, my teeth aren't horrible as some people but I've always been bothered by them especially when taking close-up pictures. The front teeth are uneven compared to the other teeth and one of my canines have shifted out of place. Disgusting.

I went to see Dr. How in Bangsar and he is very sweet and nice. He asked me if I was of mixed parentage because in his words, I have a European nose. Hmm..how bizarre, I always thought I had a Native American nose, lol!! His services are a bit expensive compared to the norm but his personality and perfectionism is worth every cent.

Bad thing is that I will have to extract four healthy teeth!! And one stupid, small wisdom tooth that wasn't extracted because that Filipino surgeon bitch in Torrance said it wasn't worth it!! Stupid cow, my insurance could have covered that! It wasn't worth paying a premium of $44 per month for dental insurance if I couldn't utilize the services properly. Grr.

So my braces will be fitted next Wednesday and I am excited. Only thing I'm not excited about is the atrocious parking in Bangsar. Does every expat and wannabe social climbers and their mothers in KL go there for lunch or something? Sheesh.
Pictures will be up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment